- All Roads Lead to Email Marketing
- Why Twitter?
- Social Media Listening for Small Business
- Email Newsletters create Brand Advocates
- Why Social Media for Online Branding?
- Social Media Improves Business Performance
- Search Engine Optimization - No Secret
- Gay and Lesbian Adults are Avid Blog Readers and Social Networkers
- Women are Shaping the Internet
- Why an Interactive Marketing manager makes Your Social Media Campaign a Success
- Interactive Marketing Trends 2011
- Copyright Infringement & Plagiarism
- Become an Expert in Online or Internet Marketing
- WordPress 3.3 Released Today
- Are you Adapting to Interactive Marketing?
- Website Conversion or Landing Pages
- Branding Blogs - The New Internet Stickiness
- Blogging Online is Effective Lead Generation
- Review of 2010 - Social Networking, Search & Email Marketing
- The Dynamics of Luxury Brands and Social Media
- Recognize and Reward Your Top Fans
- Reputation is Worth More than Money
- Quality-Centric Social Media
- UnSelfish Marketing, Let Me Count the Ways
- Creating an Online Marketing Funnel
- Canadians Most Actively Engaged in Social Media
- Do the Affluent Friend Luxury Brands in Social Media?
- Email Reputation
- When it comes to Websites, Content is King
- Best-in-Class Companies Benefit from Social Media Monitoring
- Cold Calling and Traditional Networking are Great Ways to Build Your Social Network
- Social Communities Build Your Trust & Listening
- Social Media, Finally Technology that Humanizes Us
- Engaging and Branding for Best Business Results
- Build Quality Social Networking Relationships
- Tell Your Story, Build Your Brand or UVP via Social Media
- I don't understand Social Networking, how do I start?
- Let's Refresh. Why use Social Media?
- What to Outsource in Social Media, Search Engine & Email Newsletter?
- Plagiarism on the Internet
Women are Shaping the Internet
- Categorized in: Social Media
While men may be the early adopters because its technical, Social Networking Sites Reach a Higher Percentage of Women than Men Worldwide according to a new study from comScore. Social networking sites are accessed by 76% of women compared to only 70% of men. And, women spend more time online per month at 25 hours vs 23 hours for men because once online women spend more time staying connected.
|Worldwide Social Networking Category Usage and Engagement by Females and Males
Total Worldwide Audience, Age 15+ - Home & Work Locations*
Source: comScore Media Metrix
|% Reach||% Composition Unique Visitors||% Composition Pages||% Composition Minutes||Average Hours per Visitor|
*Excludes visitation from public computers such as Internet cafes or access from mobile
phones or PDAs.
Women are using such activities as photo-sharing, gaming, video view and instant messaging. Especially amongst older women in the 55+ age category, social networking is something they are embracing far more than men in this age category.
And, while women are just under half the internet population, they are 58 percent of the e-commerce dollars. Women are less likely to own a Smart Phone so they generate a smaller share of the online activity from the mobile space.
Women Spend 30 Percent More Time on Social Networking Sites Than Men
Of the time spent online, women spend more than their fair share on social networking, instant messaging and email followed by retail activities. Almost 56% of women will say they use the internet to stay connected with people, compare to 46% of men.
More and more women have been increasing their use of social networking and it is fast becoming more significantly important to women. Women spent an average 16.3% of their time online in April 2010 compared to only 11.7% for the men.
So, where do we find the women audiences?
Women are still found in many of the traditional spaces of parenting, food and home or health, but they are now gamers, photo-sharers, spend more time on personal finance information and advice online, have a propensity towards YouTUBE and much more.
Know your target audience. Attract them and build communities wherever they are online.