- All Roads Lead to Email Marketing
- Why Twitter?
- Social Media Listening for Small Business
- Email Newsletters create Brand Advocates
- Why Social Media for Online Branding?
- Social Media Improves Business Performance
- Search Engine Optimization - No Secret
- Gay and Lesbian Adults are Avid Blog Readers and Social Networkers
- Women are Shaping the Internet
- Why an Interactive Marketing manager makes Your Social Media Campaign a Success
- Interactive Marketing Trends 2011
- Copyright Infringement & Plagiarism
- Become an Expert in Online or Internet Marketing
- WordPress 3.3 Released Today
- Are you Adapting to Interactive Marketing?
- Website Conversion or Landing Pages
- Branding Blogs - The New Internet Stickiness
- Blogging Online is Effective Lead Generation
- Review of 2010 - Social Networking, Search & Email Marketing
- The Dynamics of Luxury Brands and Social Media
- Recognize and Reward Your Top Fans
- Reputation is Worth More than Money
- Quality-Centric Social Media
- UnSelfish Marketing, Let Me Count the Ways
- Creating an Online Marketing Funnel
- Canadians Most Actively Engaged in Social Media
- Do the Affluent Friend Luxury Brands in Social Media?
- Email Reputation
- When it comes to Websites, Content is King
- Best-in-Class Companies Benefit from Social Media Monitoring
- Cold Calling and Traditional Networking are Great Ways to Build Your Social Network
- Social Communities Build Your Trust & Listening
- Social Media, Finally Technology that Humanizes Us
- Engaging and Branding for Best Business Results
- Build Quality Social Networking Relationships
- Tell Your Story, Build Your Brand or UVP via Social Media
- I don't understand Social Networking, how do I start?
- Let's Refresh. Why use Social Media?
- What to Outsource in Social Media, Search Engine & Email Newsletter?
- Plagiarism on the Internet
Engaging and Branding for Best Business Results
- Categorized in: Social Media
Recently, I was talking to a micro-business owner. I also teach a wordpress workshop which includes not only how to update the site, but alter the design, search engine optimization basics and integrating social media conversations.
So, they asked if it would teach them everything that I know. I've been in the business for 13 years now. I wasn't quite sure how to explain that this profession takes experience, a breadth of skills as well as a team of great professionals who work with me to help people accomplish these goals.
Using an analogy between cooking and gourmet dining, I explained how brand building was a team effort providing the best business results.
For instance, I can take a basic cooking class so that I can cook for myself and for my family to feed them. It's a way to meet basic needs within my personal life just like being on LinkedIn or Facebook or Twitter are basics to being in business.
If I had more talent, I might take an advanced cooking course so I could better entertain and delight my friends from time to time with fancy meals and engaging conversation. But, that's just being social with my friends for the pure pleasure of spending time with friends. In social media, this is why a lot of us participate. And, being social and engaging is important to both our personal as well as our professional lives.
Now, to deliver a dining experience where I am developing a business, I would need a restaurant or catering business. It's not just delightful food but an entire experience and a business. I need a large number of people to frequent the restaurant or catering business. But, I also need a chef, hosts, waiters, bus people, dishwashers, other cooks and other business people to help deliver that experience. I need an entire team to make the restaurant an experience or brand.
An outsourced social media program is like the restaurant. I need a team of people to create the online brand experience for others so that they can get sales leads. Then, we need strategies, tactical communications, internet marketing promotions, website conversion programs for sales leads, measurements & analytics for business people to understand performance and the direction the team can take for improved campaign results.
Turning yourself and your busness into a brand leads to real business results.